With the Superbowl just around the corner, I thought it was appropriate to provide you with a chicken recipe. This recipe is fast and easy to prepare in no time. But, be warned, this recipe is tailored for those that can handle the heat. If you try this recipe out, let me know it turned out. What kind of food or snacks do you like to munch on during the game?
- 12-18 fresh chicken wings (with or without the tips)
- 1 TBS of salt
- 1 tsp of fresh grated ginger
- 1 1/2 TBS of onion powder
- 1 TBS of garlic powder
- 1 tsp of black pepper
- 1 tsp of cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp mixture of ghost and ancho pepper
- 1 TBS of soy sauce
- 1/2 cup of barbecue sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Wash the wings and place in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add the salt and make sure it goes on both sides of the chicken.
- Add the grated fresh ginger to the chicken wings.
- Add the rest of the dry ingredients (onion and garlic powder, black, cayenne, ghost and ancho peppers). Make sure to thoroughly mix the ingredients all over the wings.
- Add the soy sauce and mix it well into the chicken.
- Add the barbecue sauce and mix it thoroughly into the chicken wings.
- Line the wings on a baking sheet pan. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake the wings for 30-45 minutes.
- For crisper wings remove the aluminum foil 10 minutes before the baking time ends
- If time permits place the seasoned wings in the refrigerator a day before the Superbowl, so the spices soak through the wings, giving it just an extra burst of flavor.